Updated November 15, 2016
1. Information We Collect. When you register on the App, we collect the following types of information:
(a) Personal information (PI): PI is information that personally identifies one individual from another. You voluntarily provide us with PI when you create an account to use the App. When you create an account, we ask you to provide us with the following elements of PI: (i) Name; (ii) Username; (iii) Street Address; (iv) Telephone Number; and (v) Email Address.
Whenever you use the App, we will record your unique device identifier (or "Unique Device ID"), which is an alpha-numeric string of data that can either be part of the hardware of your device or automatically assigned to your device by the operating system or software. When you log on to your account, we will record your Unique Device ID and may tie it to your specific account. As with an IP address, a Unique Advice ID recorded in isolation is not PI under the standard definition of the term. However, it may become PI when it is combined with other information, as in this case.
Also, if you choose to log in using your Facebook account, you are granting us permission to access and use certain information about you as permitted by the social network. For example, if you link your Facebook account, it may provide us with access to whatever information you choose to include in your public profile, such as friends’ names, pictures, genders, user Ids, connections, and any other shared content
(i) Why we collect PI: We collect PI in order to enable us to interact with you, and to enable you to interact with other users. We also use PI to send you informational and promotional email messages. You may stop receiving non-account related emails from us by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
(b) General Information: General Information consists of information that is anonymous in nature and does not identify you as an individual. When you visit our Site, General Information is collected through a small piece of computer code called a “cookie,” and includes your computer IP address, unique mobile device identifier, browser type, ISP or carrier name, and the URL of the last webpage you visited before visiting our website. When you utilize the App, our server automatically records certain information, which is sent by your mobile device and stored in log files. This includes your mobile device push notification identifier, operating system, carrier name, and similar data.
(i) Why do we collect General Information? We collect General Information for statistical and other internal business purposes. Such information gives us insights on how our users use our site and our services. We use this information to ensure that our service continues to appeal to our users.
(c) Usage Information: We also collect information regarding the manner in which users utilize the App, such as application version, device manufacturer and OS version, timestamp, language used, and other statistical information.
(i) Why do we collect Usage Information? We use this information to ensure that our Service continues to appeal to our users, and for a number of other purposes, including auditing, research, and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve the App; ensuring the technical functioning of the App; and developing new products.
2. How Information is Shared. When you use the App, you may choose to share your PI with other users to list or to book a space. The nature and amount of PI you choose to share with other users is entirely up to you. We share information, including PI, with third parties in the following manner:
(a) We may provide some PI and General Information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or other businesses or persons for the purpose of processing and/or storing such information on our behalf, such as cloud storage and email service providers. We require that these parties process such information with due diligence.
(b) If requested or required by law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We also may disclose your PII to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
(d) We may choose to sell or otherwise transfer our business and/or its assets. In such cases, customer information, including PI, would likely be included among the assets that are sold or transferred. In addition, if we go out of business or enter into bankruptcy, customer information (including your PI) may be acquired by a third party. By using the App, you acknowledge that your PI may be transferred in this manner.
3. How We Protect Information. We use industry-standard data protection methods to secure the data that is stored and transferred via the App. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt data in transit, and secure tokens to verify all communications. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We cannot assume responsibility or liability for unauthorized access to our servers and systems.
4. Changes to PI. You can limit the PI you share with us and other users by adjusting your account preferences. If you delete your account, your PI will no longer be visible to other users, but we reserve the right to keep all information associated with your account for our internal business purposes for as long as we are legally permitted to do so.
5. Children under 18. Our App is not intended for users under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 18. If we become aware that someone submitting information is under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. According to our Terms of Service, all users represent that they are at least 18.
6. Online Tracking Technology and Do-Not-Track Requests. We do not currently employ technology that enables us to track your activities across third-party websites. We currently offer no response to browser Do-Not-Track requests.
Book a Jam, Inc.
1201 No. Van Ness
Santa Ana, CA 92701